St John Boste Catholic Primary School was opened in 1974 to serve the Catholic community of St John Boste Parish. The compact school building stands in its own fairly extensive grounds which include a sensory garden, wildlife garden and adventure trail.
Our school has a reputation for offering children an excellent education in a stable and ordered environment. Every person in our school community is respected and valued as a unique individual. Visitors to our school frequently remark on the happy, family atmosphere that exists here. In partnership with parents and the wider community, we aim to build upon and develop a wealth of experience and skills in the hope of creating a caring and stimulating environment and forming spiritually developed young people.
When the children leave St. John Boste School, we would want them to have experienced a quality education, which has broadened their horizons, and enabled them to achieve their God-given potential in all areas so that they may continue on their journey through life equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills and the insight that education is an enjoyable, life-long process.
Our Mission Statement
We aim to provide a safe, happy, enthusiastic and Christ-centred community in which children can learn and be valued as individuals. We will provide a broad, well-balanced and stimulating curriculum which places high importance on literacy and numeracy, setting aspirational targets for all pupils, whilst nurturing and developing talent across all areas of learning. We will rigorously monitor progress to ensure our pupils achieve their potential, and ensure support is given to pupils and families whenever there is a need.
Our school community will work together to encourage our pupils to:
- Value the teachings of the Catholic faith and live in the way Christ taught us, whilst showing an awareness of, and respect for other races, creeds and religions
- Be happy, enthusiastic and independent learners, finding enjoyment in all aspects of school life, experiencing success and gaining satisfaction from his/her own achievements and the achievements of others.
- Live out motto – Always try to treat others as you would like them to treat you.
- Develop lively, enquiring minds, showing a willingness to questions and express opinions
- Show resilience and a determination to succeed.
- Work together with others, being supportive and giving encouragement, valuing the contributions and efforts of all.
- Be respectful to all members of the school community, so that everyone feels happy, safe and valued.
- Set high standards for themselves and develop the knowledge and skills needed to become life-long learners so that they can ‘be whatever they want to be….!’