The Governing Body
We have a fantastic group of people who give up their time to play an active role on our Governing Body. They are all passionate about our school and are dedicated to ensuring that the best opportunities are provided for all our pupils.
As a school we really appreciate and value the support and challenge our Governors present us with.
Our school governing body are made up of 12 Governors (Term of Office 4 years):
- 2 parent governors
- 1 head teacher
- 1 staff governor
- 1 local authority governor
- 7 Foundation governors
Committees of the Governing Board
- Finance and Premises
- Pupil Admissions
- Pupil Discipline and Parental Complaints
Chair of Governors
Mrs K Bengston
Vice Chair of Governors
Rev M Millward
The purpose of the governing body is to conduct the school with a view to promoting high standards of educational achievement. Its three core strategic functions are:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos, and strategic direction;
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of the staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
Register of governor/staff interests