Here at St John Boste we have an anti-bullying team led by school council members and supported by Mrs Meik, Mrs Allon, Mrs Morris, Mrs Ford and Mrs Sant. We currently hold the gold charter mark.
Pupil anti-bullying policy written by the children.
- Children are encouraged to Start Telling Other People
- They are encouraged to report possible bullying to any member of staff they trust, a friend or a member of their family.
- Children may post a message in the STOP box to voice any concerns.
- The boxes will be checked every week by the Staff Anti bullying coordinator or a member of the leadership team.
- Children who are bystanders are encouraged to support their peers by reporting any suspected bullying.
- All incidents of suspected bullying will be dealt with by the member of staff it is reported to, usually the class teacher.
- If they are unable to investigate the matter must be referred immediately to a senior member of staff.
- The Headteacher will also be informed and, if bullying is confirmed it will be logged in the school Bullying Log all instances of bullying will be recorded and monitored for patterns of behaviour.
- Teaching Assistants should report to a class teacher or senior member of staff if they have any concerns about potential bullying.
- Lunchtime assistants report to the class teachers and the Head teacher where there are any concerns about children’s behaviour.
- Parents are encouraged to share any concerns with their child’s class teacher or a member of senior management. In serious cases parents should be informed and will be asked to come in to a meeting to discuss the problem.
Our Anti-Bullying team have came up with some amazing ideas on promoting anti-bullying even more within school. We have a beautiful new display in the hall, easy access to our Anti-Bullying Policy and child friendly version!
Child Friendly Anti-Bullying Policy on display in the main entrance.
Below are also some useful links to a variety of websites.
Our Safeguarding Governor Mr Young has led an Anti – Bullying assembly and told the children all about Anti – Social behaviour, the consequences of actions and results to people and the community.