At St John Boste Primary School, we are committed to supporting the emotional health and wellbeing of our pupils and staff. We have a supportive and caring ethos and live by our school motto. ‘Always try to treat others as you would like them to treat you.’ At our school we know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. We take the view that positive mental health is everybody’s business and that we all have a role to play. From joining St John Boste in Reception class, we learn that everybody is different and each of us are God’s own work of art.
We promote a mentally healthy environment through:
- Promoting our school values and encouraging a sense of belonging.
- Promoting pupil voice through our school councillors where children have opportunities to participate in decision-making.
- Celebrating academic and non-academic achievements in our awards assemblies.
- Providing opportunities to develop a sense of worth through taking responsibility for themselves and others.
- Access to appropriate support when it is needed in our Nurture, Friends for Life and Jigsaw Groups.